Churches‎ > ‎

Langton


St Andrew, Langton
Langton is one of the prettiest villages of Ryedale, and St Andrew sits proudly at the end of the broad green next to the primary school. Largely rebuilt in the early 19th Century, this simple, rather humble church has retained plenty of old stone and other materials from the earlier building, particularly on the north wall. Inside, there are a font and chancel arch, both from the 13th Century, and lots of 17th Century wood panelling.

There is a very fine and touching monument from 1656 to Mary Ingram, who died giving birth to twins.


Churchwardens: Nigel Ingram






Comments